Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Entry for the Ready Set Cook #3 contest. This wrap makes a great take along lunch because there is no dressing to sog it up. The cumin Cream Cheese, sweetened with grated carrot is all the dressing needed. Wonderful crisp lunch!
- 4 ounces cream cheese spread
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 or 9 inch)
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 cooked sliced boneless skinless chicken breast halves (optional)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Combine cream cheese, grated carrot and cumin, in a bowl, stir until well combined.
- Spread 1/4 of the cheese mixture on each of the 4 wraps.
- Leaving 2 inches bare at the bottom of the wrap.
- Press 2 lettuce leaves on top of cheese mixture on each wrap.
- Divide the chicken slices among the 4 wraps, lay down the middle of the wrap, on top of the lettuce leaves, if using.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini, do not peel, cut in half, cut each half into sticks, divide the sticks among the 4 wraps and place on top of the chicken slices, down the middle of the wrap, to one side.
- Cut in half and seed the sweet red pepper, slice the halves into sticks, divide between the 4 wraps and place beside the zucchini, in the middle of the wrap.
- Place the pine nuts on a cutting board.
- With a chef's knife, press the flat side of the knife on the pine nuts until most of the nuts are cracked.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the cracked nuts over each wrap.
- To wrap: Fold the bottom of the wrap up over the contents, holding it there while you fold the side over, then the other side overlapping the first side.
- Take a paper towel or napkin and wrap it around the bottom half of the wrap to hold it together.
- There will be an open "V" at the top of the front side.
- Enjoy the crunch!
Good basic wrap. It didn't get soggy in my lunch bag but it did seem a little dry. I think next time I would add just a tad of well drained salsa to make it a bit moister.
This is WONDERFUL!! I used fat free cream cheese and didn't miss a thing!! I will make this alot it is just delicious!
My DH really liked this and I welcomed it as a nice change of pace for the lunch sack. I prepared all of the ingredients on Sunday, and made 2 wraps each on Monday and Tuesday mornings. The cream cheese, carrot and cumin spread really melded and improved with age. We'll be enjoying this again. Thanks for posting!