Recipe by Derf
Entry for the Ready Set Cook #3 contest. This wrap makes a great take along lunch because there is no dressing to sog it up. The cumin Cream Cheese, sweetened with grated carrot is all the dressing needed. Wonderful crisp lunch!
Top Review by Kate in Ontario
Good basic wrap. It didn't get soggy in my lunch bag but it did seem a little dry. I think next time I would add just a tad of well drained salsa to make it a bit moister.
- 4 ounces cream cheese spread
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8 or 9 inch)
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 cooked sliced boneless skinless chicken breast halves (optional)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese, grated carrot and cumin, in a bowl, stir until well combined.
- Spread 1/4 of the cheese mixture on each of the 4 wraps.
- Leaving 2 inches bare at the bottom of the wrap.
- Press 2 lettuce leaves on top of cheese mixture on each wrap.
- Divide the chicken slices among the 4 wraps, lay down the middle of the wrap, on top of the lettuce leaves, if using.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini, do not peel, cut in half, cut each half into sticks, divide the sticks among the 4 wraps and place on top of the chicken slices, down the middle of the wrap, to one side.
- Cut in half and seed the sweet red pepper, slice the halves into sticks, divide between the 4 wraps and place beside the zucchini, in the middle of the wrap.
- Place the pine nuts on a cutting board.
- With a chef's knife, press the flat side of the knife on the pine nuts until most of the nuts are cracked.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the cracked nuts over each wrap.
- To wrap: Fold the bottom of the wrap up over the contents, holding it there while you fold the side over, then the other side overlapping the first side.
- Take a paper towel or napkin and wrap it around the bottom half of the wrap to hold it together.
- There will be an open "V" at the top of the front side.
- Enjoy the crunch!