Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is just something I tossed together one night after a long day at work. I had not yet done the weekly shopping and was too tired to run to the store. It is nothing fancy. I just threw together some things I had on hand and this was the results. My family loved it and have asked for it again and again. I am posting it here for safe keeping so I won't forget how I made it.
- 1 (16 ounce) packagewrangler hot dogs (I use beef)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt (or to taste)
- frank's hot sauce (to taste)
- Spray heavy skillet with PAM or other non-stick vegetable oil spray.
- Place on medium high heat.
- Slice Wrangler's 1/2 inch thick and add to skillet.
- When Wrangler's are starting to brown add mushrooms and continue to cook 2-3 more minutes.
- Add black beans,tomatoes and corn. Stir well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add cream cheese, reduce heat and cover. Cook 5 minutes or until cream cheese softens and begins to melt. Remove cover.
- Stir well until cream cheese is well blended.
- Add Lawry's and Frank's to taste.
- Continue to cook uncovered over medium-low heat, stirring often, 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Mixture will thicken up as it stands.
- Serve as is or over cooked brown rice.