Recipe by Aimee67
I have been an abismal failure at making stuffed mushrooms. Even following recipes to the tee! Well, I finally decided to branch out on my own and as the first bite generated a "Wow!" I figured I should share!
Top Review by Recipe Reader
Really good mushrooms! I didn't use the bacon (just because I didn't want to buy any today), and they still had really great flavor. I've never done stuffed mushrooms before, and this was easy and flavorful. I did spray the mushrooms with spray margarine before baking to keep the outsides moist. Thanks so much for posting, I will make these again and again!
- 12 large mushroom caps
- 2 scallions, chopped fine
- 2 slices bacon, chopped fine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 4 drops Tabasco jalapeno sauce
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- Finely dice 1/2 of the stems.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet on medium high.
- Add diced mushroom stems, scallions, garlic, bacon (I use Oscar Meyer pre-cooked), Italian seasoning, Tabasco, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the onions are soft, add the entire mixture to the breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Stir until incorporated.
- Add white wine until the breadcrumb mixture is moist (may take more or less wine).
- Stuff mushrooms, slightly mounding with stuffing mixture.
- Place mushrooms in oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle with mozarella cheese.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or until the mozarella melts and is bubbly.