Recipe by Sharon123
Oh my goodness. So yummy and easy to make. You don't even need a campfire to get the marshmallows nice and browned around the edges. This is fun and yummy for kids and adults! I found this on a great food blog, Sweet and Savory. Thanks Alice!
Top Review by HokiesMom
Simple and chocolatey goodness all wrapped up in one little S'more! Loved the texture of the marshmallows being broiled with this method. It did only take 2 minutes in my oven so your instruction to watch carefully is a good one. I've tried all the methods possible and they are all yummy but something about getting the roasted taste without the smoke is a big bonus! Thanks Sharon for sharing. Made for your win in Tic Tac Toe 2011.
- 1 (14 ounce) box graham crackers (you will only need one sleeve)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven on broil (high heat) with baking rack second rack down from the top.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place one sleeve of graham crackers(broken in half) side by side in rows without any gaps.
- Next, spread the mini-marshmallows evenly across the graham crackers and top them off with chocolate chips.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven with the door slightly cracked. Broil for approximately 5-10 minutes carefully watching them so they don’t burn.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven when the marshmallows have nice golden brown edges.
- Add the remaining sleeve of graham crackers on top of the broiled smores and line them exactly like the first sleeve and press each one down gently. Allow them to cool for a few minutes and serve.
- Each cookie should pull away perfectly hot or cold.
- If you would like to serve these as regular cookies, allow the smores to cool for at least an hour. Pull each cookie apart and serve. Graham crackers will be nice and crunchy and the marshmallow filling will be firm but chewy. The chocolate will be hardened but tastes great!