2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 20 mins
Dad has forsaken many a meal outside, just so that he wouldn't miss out in this meal at home. Try it, and you will see the wonderful effect it has. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg beef tenderloin or 1 kg boneless beef sirloin, cut into 4 steaks
- 1/2 cup soya sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sake, rice wine or 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 8 slices ginger
- 2 spring onions, cut into 4 cm lengths
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 head garlic, peeled
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 toothpicks
- 1Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, sake, crushed garlic, ginger and spring onions.
- 2Pour over meat in a baking dish, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours (at least) Make garlic kebabs by threading three cloves of garlic onto each toothpick.
- 3Brush with sesame oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Leave them aside.
- 5Heat the grill to high and when ready to cook, oil the grill plate.
- 6Arrange the meat in a straight line on the centre of the grill.
- 7Sprinkle generously with black pepper.
- 8After 6-8 minutes for medium-done meat, turn the steak over using tongs, and sprinkle with black pepper.
- 9Add the garlic kebabs to the hot grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- 10Place meat on platter and leave for 2-3 minutes.
- 11Place a steak on top of the kebabs and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Worth Staying Home For Steak
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.7
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 47.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 212.5 mg
- Sodium 2146.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 55.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: