Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I like this dish for the ease and for the variations I think you can use.
- 2 cups long grain rice, uncooked
- 1 can mushroom, including juice
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon parsley
- 3 cups boiling water
- Mix all ingredients together in casserole dish and bake for 1 hour at 350.
- Depending what mood I am in I may just use the water and parsley, omitting the oil and soy sauce.
My family and I love this rice for its flavor, its no-fail nature, and its versatility!! I add about 1/2 tsp. garlic powder. It's now a staple for me. Our favorite way to have it so far is with fresh sliced turnip triangles layered on top.
Let me just say..."Oh my gosh" this was sooooooooo good. My DH even went back for a midnight snack. I made it exactly as written plus I added garlic powder. Gotta have garlic. I was in a hurry so I added 5 raw boneless pork chops on top. I didn't even bother to brown them first and they turned out great. Thanks Shirl, I will definately make this again with different meats. This needs 10 stars for taste and for how easy it is to put together.
I followed the recipe exactly as written. I did mix everything together in a bowl before putting in a Pam sprayed baking dish. It is very tasty and no cholesterol. Thanks Shari for an excellent recipe.