This just sounds like too much fun to serve kids at a party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Core apples from blossom ends, leaving stem end intact.
- 2Mix raisins and walnuts and stuff into cavities of cored apples.
- 3Set apples, stems up, in a 7 x 12 inch pan.
- 4In a separate mix brown sugar, water, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- 5Stir over high heat until the mixture boils and then pour the hot syrup around apples.
- 6Bake uncovered in 350 F oven, basting occasionally with syrup, until apples are tender when pierced and skin begins to crack- about 30 to 35 minutes.
- 7Remove apples from oven, cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes or let cool to room temperature.
- 8Set each apple in a small bowl and spoon syrup around fruit.
- 9In top of apple, cut a hole large enough for one of the candy worms and tuck one end into each apple, leaving most of the worm dangling.
- 10Serve without explanation!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wormy Apples
Serving Size: 1 (1740 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 68.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 51.5 g
- Protein 2.5 g