Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This just sounds like too much fun to serve kids at a party.
Make and share this Wormy Apples recipe from Food.com.
- Core apples from blossom ends, leaving stem end intact.
- Mix raisins and walnuts and stuff into cavities of cored apples.
- Set apples, stems up, in a 7 x 12 inch pan.
- In a separate mix brown sugar, water, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir over high heat until the mixture boils and then pour the hot syrup around apples.
- Bake uncovered in 350 F oven, basting occasionally with syrup, until apples are tender when pierced and skin begins to crack- about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove apples from oven, cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes or let cool to room temperature.
- Set each apple in a small bowl and spoon syrup around fruit.
- In top of apple, cut a hole large enough for one of the candy worms and tuck one end into each apple, leaving most of the worm dangling.
- Serve without explanation!