1/1 Photo of Worms on a Bun With Zombie Sauce
From what I understand, Heinz carries a line of colored ketchups, one being called Funky Purple and one called Blastin' Green, that's a big hit with kids. Well, this is a fun Halloweeny recipe to get the kid's involved...edible wormy hot dogs on a bun topped with purple ketchup. As the recipe specifies, if you can't find the Funky Purple ketchup, make your own with a few drops of blue food coloring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package hot dogs
- 6 hamburger buns
- funky purple Heinz ketchup (or regular ketchup with blue food color added)
- 1Bring about 6 cups of water to a boil. Meanwhile, slice the hot dogs in half lengthwise, then slice each half into thin lengthwise strips.
- 2Drop the hot dog slices into the boiling water. Stir occasionally until the water returns to the boil and hot dog stips curl. Remove the pan from the heat and drain the hot dog worms. Arrange the hot worms on the hamburger buns and serve topped with zombie sauce (purple ketchup).
- 3Note: The hot dogs may, also, be microwaved or grilled to achieve the same curled results.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Worms on a Bun With Zombie Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 383.0
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 42.2 mg
- Sodium 1114.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 13.0 g