Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a real Halloween party pleaser for the 6-10 year old crowd.
- 1 (1 lb) package hot dog
- 1 (8 count) package hot dog buns
- water, to boil hot dogs
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup (optional)
- Slice hot dogs into long strips lengthwise.
- Boil strips in water until they curl, and look like worms.
- Toss hot strips with ketchup to make them look even grosser!
- Serve on buns.
I made this for Halloween! To make it more wormy, I added sauteed onions...as you can see in my photo! I used BBQ sauce instead of ketchup! This was a great Halloween dinner!
This got rave reviews at our Halloween party tonight. I was serving adults so instead of ketchup, I put the worms in the crock pot with a jar of grape jelly and a jar of chili sauce... everyone loved it!
This made an easy and fun Halloween dinner. My 6 year-old was a little freaked out by the "worms" but everyone else thought they were cool. Thanks for a cute idea!