Recipe by Sheynath
Easy, fast, two-ingredients, yet always pleases. What more can you ask for? We have served this at birthday parties, wedding receptions, baby showers and retirement receptions. Most any occasion where you might want a bowl of punch.
Top Review by Gerry
Have to agree this has to be the "Worlds Simplest Punch' Looking for new punch recipes to add variety to the summer cookouts had me give this one a try. Served in a large pitcher - looks really appealing and using a pitcher works well outdoors. Made as posted with the lime and lemon-lime. When my Brandywine raspberries ripen I am going to make it with the raspberry sherbet and float the berries on top - everyone loves raspberries at our house so it should make for an empty pitcher or bowl. Made for the Auz/NZ recipe swap #30.
- 1 pint lime sherbet (or other flavor as desired)
- 1 (2 liter) bottleclear carbonated lemon-lime beverage
Directions See How It's Made
- Soften sherbet just enough so you can spoon it out into a punch bowl. Drop large spoonfuls around bottom of the bowl.
- Slowly pour soda over sherbet. Go slow enough that you don't create huge amounts of foam.
- Serve, making sure to include a small bit of sherbet in each cup.
- Use any flavor sherbet you like, or choose a color of sherbet that matches your theme or decorations. Lime sherbet works for green themes. Raspberry for pink. Etc.
- Double the ingredients if you have a large enough punch bowl and need a larger amount.