Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy, fast, two-ingredients, yet always pleases. What more can you ask for? We have served this at birthday parties, wedding receptions, baby showers and retirement receptions. Most any occasion where you might want a bowl of punch.
- 1 pint lime sherbet (or other flavor as desired)
- 1 (2 liter) bottleclear carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- Soften sherbet just enough so you can spoon it out into a punch bowl. Drop large spoonfuls around bottom of the bowl.
- Slowly pour soda over sherbet. Go slow enough that you don't create huge amounts of foam.
- Serve, making sure to include a small bit of sherbet in each cup.
- Use any flavor sherbet you like, or choose a color of sherbet that matches your theme or decorations. Lime sherbet works for green themes. Raspberry for pink. Etc.
- Double the ingredients if you have a large enough punch bowl and need a larger amount.
Have to agree this has to be the "Worlds Simplest Punch' Looking for new punch recipes to add variety to the summer cookouts had me give this one a try. Served in a large pitcher - looks really appealing and using a pitcher works well outdoors. Made as posted with the lime and lemon-lime. When my Brandywine raspberries ripen I am going to make it with the raspberry sherbet and float the berries on top - everyone loves raspberries at our house so it should make for an empty pitcher or bowl. Made for the Auz/NZ recipe swap #30.
Used the lime sherbet & some Squirt for A GREAT MID-DAY DRINK, & another time would like to try it with Mountain Dew! Couldn't be easier to make! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my partners in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #22]