Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Making pancakes from scratch is easier than you'd think. These are light as air.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat a griddle over medium heat. Grease lightly.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt & sugar.
- Pour milk into 2 cup glass measuring cup; stir in milk and melted butter, blending well.
- Pour liquid, all at once, into dry ingredients and stir just until flour is moistened. Don't worry about lumps and don't overbeat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot, greased griddle and cook until bubbles form and just start to pop on the surface. Turn & lightly brown the other side.
Good pancakes. Very important to not "over-stir" the batter to keep these light! We enjoyed these! Thanks Deja A! Made for 2009 Spring PAC