Recipe by Lubie
These cookies are so great! I love to make them for holidays and decorate with my friends and family. Try with my "Royal Icing" recipe.
Top Review by yibbityibbit
These are very good. I added a bit of almond flavoring and a touch of nutmeg. Be careful not to over cook! I didn't have time to do the icing, I've printed it and will try it next time.
- 236.59 ml Crisco
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 1419.54-1892.72 ml flour
- 236.59 ml buttermilk (add soda and let set while mixing other ingredients)
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml flavoring (i.e. vanilla, orange, lemon)
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream Crisco and sugar together.
- Add all other ingredients except flour.
- Slowly add flour until you can handle it enough to roll out on a floured surface (Dough can also be used for filled cookies).
- Cut dough with cookie cutters into fun shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- Don't overcook.
- They will look pretty lightly colored when done.
- If they start to brown, you've cooked them too long and they won't be soft.