These cookies are so great! I love to make them for holidays and decorate with my friends and family. Try with my "Royal Icing" recipe.
- Cream Crisco and sugar together.
- Add all other ingredients except flour.
- Slowly add flour until you can handle it enough to roll out on a floured surface (Dough can also be used for filled cookies).
- Cut dough with cookie cutters into fun shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 8-10 minutes.
- Don't overcook.
- They will look pretty lightly colored when done.
- If they start to brown, you've cooked them too long and they won't be soft.
These are very good. I added a bit of almond flavoring and a touch of nutmeg. Be careful not to over cook! I didn't have time to do the icing, I've printed it and will try it next time.
These cookies were great! The took very little time to put together and even less time to bake! I used this recipe to make cut out cookies of cars and airplanes for a baby shower and every one loved them!
2nd review: I made these again and they are sooooo good! I had people begging me for more, and I had planned on taking them to neighbors and friends.....it is a good thing I doubled the recipe. I did actually use cookie cutters this time *I went out and finally broke down and bought some*, and they were so easy to do! I also cooked them for 8 minutes exactly this time, due to a new oven that heats and works properly. Thanks so much for this great recipe!!! 1st review: These are the BEST sugar cookies that I have made, by far!!! I love this recipe and will be making these from now on. They were a flaky soft, which is what I love in sugar cookies. I added 7 cups flour, then used a cookie scoop (1-inch) and then placed them on an ungreased cookie sheet. I then used the bottom of a glass coated with sugar to flatten them to 1/4 inch, and baked them for about 10-12 minutes. I was finding that cooking them for 8 minutes wasnt enough, and 10 minutes they were still a tiny bit doughy, but I just kept testing them, but didnt really keep track of the time. Thanks so much, and hope you like the pic! :)