1/4 Photos of World's Greatest Mushroom-Onion Burgers
Christmas Carol's Note:
I love a great burger... in fact even if I were mega-rich and could eat the priciest food available, burgers would still be gracing my meals more often than anything else I can think of! I've heard of $24 dollar gourmet burgers and such... but you can make this for a whole lot less money and still be in burger heaven... Another fabulous comfort food fix from "Great Food From Mom's Diner".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs ground sirloin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- flour (for dredging)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 5 large kaiser rolls, lightly toasted
- 1In a large, heavy skillet, melt butter or margarine.
- 2Cook onions over medium-low heat until golden brown.
- 3Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until mushrooms are tender.
- 4Let sit until cool enough to handle.
- 5In a large bowl, mix the sirloin, salt, pepper, steak sauce, and onion-mushroom mixture.
- 6Form into 5 burgers.
- 7In same skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- 8Dredge burgers in flour and cook until desired doneness, turning once.
- 9Add cheese (if desired) and melt atop burger.
- 10Top with a dollop of sour cream.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for World's Greatest Mushroom-Onion Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.7
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 112.8 mg
- Sodium 1243.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 35.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
A.1. Original Sauce