1/1 Photo of World's Fastest Tomato Sauce Pasta
Kat's Mom's Note:
A quality dish in a hurry - the key is keeping a jar of *best* quality tomato sauce on hand (no preservatives). You might ask how can the sauce be no-cook? Mix the ingredients in a heatproof bowl and set it aside to warm to room temperature OR place it over the pasta pot to warm while heating the water, removing once the water starts to boil. All you cook is the pasta. Several years ago I bought a cookbook called “No-Cook Pasta Sauces” by Joie Warner which mysteriously disappeared. My DH just found it behind the bookcase when he started remodeling our kitchen - hurray! Times are a guess-timate until I get my kitchen back.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces tomato sauce (best quality, not that generic stuff)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano or 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated plus extra for serving
- 1 lb pasta (fettuccine, penne rigati, linguine or spaghetti)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, fresh coarsely chopped
- 1Combine tomato sauce, butter, oregano, salt, crushed red pepper and Parmesan cheese in a pasta serving bowl.
- 2Set aside to warm up (use a method described above).
- 3Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente.
- 4Drain pasta and immediately add to sauce in bowl.
- 5Sprinkle with chopped basil and toss.
- 6Serve at once with extra Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for World's Fastest Tomato Sauce Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 591.6
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 992.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 19.1 g