Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very yummy, quick and easy ;)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour (can be white or whole wheat or combo of both)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar (vegan is best)
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (or vegan soymilk)
- In a large bowl place all of the dry ingredients.
- Add Orange Juice and oil, mix with a fork
- Pat into 9-inch pan with fingertips. If pre-baked crust is desired bake at 425 for 10 -12 minutes.
- Note** Vegan sugar should be used for the best texture. It taste yummy with cane sugar or table sugar as well.
My husband loved this pie crust. I made it with Olive Oil. I made an apple pie filling with green apples and very little sugar. Tastes great.
this was a great recipe as is, baked up nicely. i also made it using graham cracker crumbs (instead of flour) and substituted applesauce for about half of the oil which worked well. very versatile, thanks!
This was a great crust for my nectarine pie. I used some apple sauce instead of about a third of the oil, which worked fine, and I added orange zest for extra citrus flavor. I used one making to make a closed-faced pie (I used about two-thirds the dough for the bottom and one-third for the top). I would decrease the amounts if I was making an open-faced pie.