Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
The title says it all! Prep time includes chilling time.
- 4 medium golden delicious apples, cored and diced (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup halved green seedless grape
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- ground nutmeg (to garnish)
- In a large bowl, sprinkle apples with 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Add celery, grapes, walnuts, and raisins.
- For dressing--------------.
- combine mayonnaise and 1/2 tsp lemon juice.
- Whip cream with sugar until fairly stiff.
- Fold whipped cream into the mayonnaise mixture.
- Mix with the apple mixture.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Chill at least one hour before serving.
yummy !!!! I had some apple that I needed to use and have always liked Waldorf Salad. Thank you for the good recipe... I will make this again.
I made this exactly as it said to...my first attempt at a waldorf salad. My husband grew up eating these and loves them, so I thought for Father's Day I'd make one! After I made it, he said he really liked it, but my daughter and I aren't that crazy about mayo...so I blended softened cream cheese (4 oz) with a little more whipping cream and sugar and blended it in with the original recipe. This got MANY rave reviews!! Thanks SO much for posting this, we all loved it!!
Absolutely delicious and decadent! The addition of real whipping cream elevates this salad to "gourmet" fare. The only thing I do differently is soak the raisins in cold water overnight to make them softer, but this is just a personal preference. Definitely a salad fit for any special occasion!