I have a recipe in my box so old and used it's hard to read so I've decided to copy it here for all eternity. Originally a non-vegan recipe, I've modified it over the years to match my healthier lifestyle. If you don't have turbinado sugar, brown sugar will do. And yes, all purpose flour *will* work, but whole wheat pastry flour is better for you. If you do decide to use AP flour, omit the soy or almond milk. I'm embarrassed to say that I've never actually counted the cookies this recipe makes as the size I make depends on my need for chocolate on a given day. I'll guess it's 3 dozen, YMMV. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml bob's red mill egg substitute
- 88.74 ml water
- 118.29 ml vegan margarine
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 354.88 ml turbinado sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 591.47 ml whole wheat pastry flour
- 78.07 ml vanilla soymilk or 78.07 ml almond milk
- 340.19 g chocolate chips, to your taste
- 1Preheat your oven to 350.
- 2Mix Egg Replacer with water until very smooth and set aside. I love BRM but if you have a different favorite egg substitute, use that.
- 3Cream the margarine and peanut butter together.
- 4Add the sugar and egg replacer, add the soda, salt and vanilla.
- 5When all is smooth, add in the flour. Whole wheat pastry flour is much dryer than normal all purpose flour, so once it's been incorporated, add in 1/3 cup of soy or almond milk a bit at a time until you have a smooth dough.
- 6Turn in your chocolate and nuts, if desired.
- 7Bake (preferably on a pizza stone) at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for World's Best Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1036 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.1
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 120.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: