Yes, there is a turkey burger that my red meat eating boys will eat! After several attempts of trial and error - I have come up with a flavorful, juicy burger that has made it into our regular rotation of meals. Makes 5-6 large, thick burgers. Watch closely when cooking for the first time, because the ricotta - which adds the extra moisture - can burn easily.
- Mix all ingredients together with hands.
- Form into patties of desired size and thickness. If you keep them fairly thick, they will be moister.
- Place into lightly greased, non stick skillet (I like using my cast iron skillet)on medium high. Cook without moving until bottom side is dark brown and crusted - appx 4-5 minutes.
- Turn over, then reduce heat to medium and cook 8-10 minutes longer or until center is no longer pink and juices run clear.
- I serve on ciabatta rolls with mayo, more Dijon, a slice of pepper jack cheese, lettuce and tomato. Yum!