Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My family loves this. It is pretty healthy. I only use organic vegetables and meat. You may use Ground Beef if you choose. Any type of tomato paste will do. Use a small can. Any type of cheese will work. I use 1 cup of Sharp Cheddar cheese and 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese. Use whatever you want. But Swiss is not recommended. I use stone ground tortilla chips from Trader Joe's. Tostito's works great too. I don't know how big the bag is in weight but just use the medium-ish sized bag. Since Zaar won't let me put that, I'm going to guess about 20 ounces. I use Tapatio brand for Hot Sauce. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 white onion
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 10 ounces tomato paste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- 2 cups corn
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream or 1 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Dice the bell pepper and onion very fine, the saute them in a very large skillet.
- Add your ground meat of choice to the vegetables and fully cook the meat.
- Next add tomato paste and corn.
- Add water and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop lettuce and cut tomatoes.
- Make dressing by mixing sour cream and hot sauce, refridgerate dressing until ready to use.
- After the 5 minutes add the can of beans.
- Then add the tortilla chips.
- Cook until the chips are soft and not crunchy.
- Finally add the cheese.
- To serve, place lettuce on a plate and top with a scoop of the topping, add the tomatoes and drizzle desired amount of dressing, Sprinkle green onion and garnish with a few tortilla chips.