Frances Smith's Note:
This is a very simple and fast recipe for sugar cookies. They are delicious, tasty and are always a great desert for guest or kids.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small pan, melt the butter.
- 2While its still hot, add sugar.
- 3Then let cool for a while.
- 4While the butter mixture is cooling, mix the flour, soda, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- 5In a small bowl, beat the egg lighlty with a fork, then add the egg and vanilla to the butter mixture.
- 7Now add the butter, egg, and vanilla mixture into the flour mixture.
- 8Stir again.
- 9Stir everything until its all mixed up well and put the bowl in the refrigerator to cool for about an hour.
- 10About 5-10 minutes before you take them out, turn your oven on to 375 degrees.
- 11When time's up, get your cookie sheet and smear with a little butter or crisco.
- 12Roll the dough into walnut-sized balls.
- 13(For a better taste you could sprinkle some sugar on top of the walnut-shaped pieces of dough.) Place them on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- 14Don't OVERCOOK!
- 15You want your cookies to be moist and chewy.
- 16Let them cool for about 15 minutes and then their ready to eat!
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Worlds Best Sugar Cookies!
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.8
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 47.7 mg
- Sodium 233.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 22.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g