Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is the best steak sauce I have ever found. We love it and use it even on the baked potatoes that I serve with the steak.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 36.97 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml catsup
- 4.92 ml Kitchen Bouquet
- 3 chopped green onions
- 113.39 g canof drained mushrooms
- any left over meat drippings (optional)
- Melt butter in sauce pan.
- Add lemon juice, Worcestershire, catsup and kitchen bouquet.
- When the sauce starts to sizzle, add green onions and mushrooms.
- Sizzle again and serve over grilled steak, or even slices of roast beef.
This was good steak sauce. It certainly was quick and easy too. I think that next time, I will use fresh mushrooms and saute them in the melted butter before adding the other ingredients. Also, I might use less lemon juice to reduce the tartness a little. My family enjoyed this! Thank you for sharing.
This is THE BEST STEAK SAUCE. Made it last night with dinner and was a big hit. I'll definitely be making this again. (Instead of canned mushrooms, I sauted 3 fresh ones in butter)
Its ok but far from 5 star and far from the "world's best steak sauce". I make all sorts or gourmet sauces for all sorts of meals. I have over 5 premium steak sauce recipes and a lot of experience with gourmet steak sauce recipes. I say this not to boast but so that the reader knows that I know what I am talking about when I give this recipe 1 star.