Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my mother's recipe. I have no idea where she got it from, but everyone always raves about it and begs for the recipe. You can use vegetables, tortilla chips, or crackers to dip. I love this recipe because all the ingredients are fresh, not frozen. I hope you love it!
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces fresh spinach, washed and drained very well
- 1 (8 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1⁄2 red onion, peeled and chopped
- Mix all ingredients together.
- I add the spinach last because it gives the cream cheese longer to soften, making it easier to stir.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
I used light cream cheese too. Delicious! Tastes so fresh. Much better than frozen spinach! Thanks for posting!
So creamy and fresh tasting. No slimy frozen spinach! I used reduced fat cream cheese and sour cream. The longer it chills, the better. I coarsley chopped the spinach. I loved that the fresh spinach maintains a "leafy" texture and does not get soggy. We enjoyed this with Wheat Thins, celery and baby carrots. I will make this again and I'd like to try this with ranch dressing mix. Thanx for posting!
Simple, tasty, and devoured by all :O) Cap'n Jack