Recipe by MarkG
My favorite fried rice recipe. Great as a side dish but good enough to eat as a meal!
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 6 ounces small shrimp, uncooked, shelled and deveined
- 4 ounces ham, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 4 cups rice, cooked & cold
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cornstarch and water. Mix with 1st four ingredients and marinate shrimp for 15 minutes.
- Beat the eggs lightly with chopsticks and add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Heat wok and add 1 tbsp oil. Pour 1/2 egg mixture into wok and cook over medium heat, turning once. Cook the other half the same way. Cut the egg into small strips and set aside.
- Add 2 tbsp oil to wok and stir-fry the onion and shrimp on hight heat for a few moments. Remove and set aside.
- Repeat for ham and green peas.
- Add 2 tbsp oil, turn down heat to medium and stir-fry rice. Add a bit of oyster sauce and soy sauce, if desired.
- Combine all the ingredients and stir-fry to blend.