Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Don't be intimidated by this recipe, its so simple. This fall treat is made year-round by request. Everyone that has ever tried this recipe tells me it is the best pumpkin roll they have ever had. Disappears with in minutes of taking it out of the fridge!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup pumpkin
mix and then add to mixture
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Beat: eggs, sugar and pumpkin with mixer until fluffy.
- Mix and then add to pumpkin: baking soda, cinnamon, flour mix well.
- Cover roll pan with Pam. Lay down wax paper and spray paper.
- Pour batter in roll pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 12-18 or until golden brown. Be sure not to overcook.
- Remove from oven and lay wax paper over the top of the cake, also spread out a dishtowel.
- Flip roll pan on to dish towel and lift bottom layer of wax paper so that it is not stuck.
- Roll cake up in towel and let cool on counter for a day or in fridge for 3 hours.
- Unroll cake, remove paper and spread filling.
- Roll cake back up and refrigerate until serving. Enjoy !
- * Also freezes really well.