Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
A creamy, rich potato salad and the dressing is what makes it special. Make it your own by adding whatever you like (sweet pickle relish, Miracle Whip etc.). Adapted from a recipe on Allrecipes.com.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Boil potatoes till tender. Drain, peel and dice to desired size. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the onion, celery, salt and eggs.
- While potatoes are cooking, whisk together the beaten eggs, sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in the vinegar, evaporated milk and mustard. Cook over medium heat stirring until thickened (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in the butter. Refrigerate until cool then stir in the mayo.
- Gently add the dressing to the potato mixture until coated. Chill several hours or overnite.
Oh boy!! You weren't kidding when you said "Worlds Best Potato Salad"!! I would rate it 10 stars if I could. This is the BEST BEST potato salad that I have had in all my life!! And trust me I am old!! LOL I have a basic recipe that I always refer to, but I wanted to try something new. I am one of those that likes looking for recipes that have not yet been rated, so I ran into yours. And am I ever so happy I did! This will be my #1 potato salad recipe from now on. Thank you so much for posting :)
I followed the recipe it to the tee, it was creamy i will give it that but it tasted awful, I used very little of it as I hated to waste all the time and effort it took to prepare but. , I had to add more mayo and mustard and some of my green tomato relish before it was edible... I won't be wasting all the ingredients it took for this recipe again.