Recipe by Robert Clickner
This is a zesty potato salad that you enjoy at the meal, and you find yourself picking at it in between meals.
Top Review by dale!
Totally unreal salad. I think we can all decide for ourselves what we want to eat and shouldn't be making unpleasant comments about things we haven't even tried. As for the fat content- it has been admitted before that the panels are not always correct and you can always substitute low fat alternatives for cheese and mayonnaise. This is a great dish for a large gathering such as a BBQ.
- 4 lbs white potatoes, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup dill pickle, diced (real dills)
- 1 cup pepperoni, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained and diced
- 1 cup medium cheddar, diced
- 1 cup swiss cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and wash potatoes; cook in boiling water until just fork tender (do not over cook).
- Cool and dice approximately 1/2 x 1/2-inch; combine with all other diced items (onions, pickles, pepperoni, cheeses, celery and black olives). Fold all of these ingredients gently with 1/2 cup of mayonnaise until mixed.
- Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours, overnight is even better (this is important).
- Add all spices and the rest of mayonnaise and minced garlic; gently fold until mixed. Refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.