Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a zesty potato salad that you enjoy at the meal, and you find yourself picking at it in between meals.
- 4 lbs white potatoes, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup dill pickle, diced (real dills)
- 1 cup pepperoni, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can pitted black olives, drained and diced
- 1 cup medium cheddar, diced
- 1 cup swiss cheese, diced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Peel and wash potatoes; cook in boiling water until just fork tender (do not over cook).
- Cool and dice approximately 1/2 x 1/2-inch; combine with all other diced items (onions, pickles, pepperoni, cheeses, celery and black olives). Fold all of these ingredients gently with 1/2 cup of mayonnaise until mixed.
- Refrigerate for at least a couple of hours, overnight is even better (this is important).
- Add all spices and the rest of mayonnaise and minced garlic; gently fold until mixed. Refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving.
Totally unreal salad. I think we can all decide for ourselves what we want to eat and shouldn't be making unpleasant comments about things we haven't even tried. As for the fat content- it has been admitted before that the panels are not always correct and you can always substitute low fat alternatives for cheese and mayonnaise. This is a great dish for a large gathering such as a BBQ.
There are plenty of sites that have only low cal, low fat recipes if that is all you want to try. We are also trying to lose weight (constantly) but need to have a treat once in a while & this certainly is. I will make it for a family dinner soon & know they will want the recipe. Good work!
This sounds wonderful. I'll be trying it soon. As to the nutritional content, if we (my family and I) can't splurge once in awhile and enjoy good old fashioned comfort food, then I don't care if I live to be 100! This site list recipes by nutrional content. So look there for all the health food and let us enjoy the rest. Enjoying a food theat's high in fat, and REALLY tastes great is NOT a sin!