Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Never liked pimento cheese until we ate it at Papa Robin's, a now-defunct restaurant in Jasper, Arkansas. This is a recreation of their marvelous pimento cheese.
- Puree till smooth in processor the mayo, cream cheese, garlic, parsley and sauces.
- Turn into bowl.
- now, in food processor, process just till coursely chopped, 1 cup pecans; add pecans and pimentos, with juice, to mayo mixture.
- Now grate cheese in food processor Put into bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Stir well to combine.
- Let stand, refrigerated, at least 1 hour.
- Even better the next day.
We found this to be absolutely delishious!
Living in Oklahoma, pimento cheese is a staple. We also have quite a few pecan trees. This is my favorite recipe. I do add 1 Tbl. worchestershire sauce and I toast the pecans in the oven at 300 degrees for 10-15 minutes (until toasted) Good stuff!
This is terrific! I never liked pimento cheese, either, but LOVE this recipe! Great on crackers as well as sandwiches. The garlic and pecans make this a standout! Thanks for posting.