Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
We love this as a nice alternative to plain fried pork chops. I usually accompany these with my lemon vermicelli recipe and a green vegetable. Prep time does not include time in marinade.
- 4 thick pork chops
- 1⁄2 cup garlic-flavored red wine vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Arrange pork chops in a shallow pan.
- Pour vinegar over the chops.
- Cover and allow to marinate in refrigerate for at least 3 hours turning once.
- Beat egg with cold water.
- Dip both sides of each chop in egg mixture and then coat with bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil.
- Saute chops until browned on both sides and cooked through.
This was definitely a new one for me. I had never brined before, not even a turkey, which is so popular now. The first bite, I didn't think I liked it, which was strange for me because I like anything with a vinegar bite. After that first bite however, I said to myself, "Self, this is pretty darn good." So, thnx for posting, Susan. Oh, I didn't have any garlic-flavored vinegar, so just threw in about 4 cloves of garlic into the vinegar. Made for My-3-Chefs Spring 2008.