Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have loved this ever since I was a little girl. It takes a while to make but it's really easy and totally worth it. Cooked zucchini is the best!! **However, I must mention that I use garden zucchinis for this recipe that tend to be quite a bit larger than those purchased in a grocery store. If you are using smaller zucchinis, you will need less of the coating mixture.
- 1 large zucchini (1/4-inch slices)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper, as needed
- butter, as needed
- Heat electric fry pan to 250°F.
- Mix eggs and milk in bowl.
- Soak handful of zucchini slices in mixture.
- Lightly shake them off and coat them with flour.
- Place each slice in the fry pan with plenty of butter.
- Repeat until all slices are in the pan.
- Cook until each side is dark brown.
- Salt and pepper slices to taste.
This is the perfect name for this recipe! It is the World's Best Fried Zucchini! This is the same recipe I grew up with and have been making ever since I have been married. I made this over the weekend and we enjoyed it so much. I have only one problem though, I eat the zucchini as soon as it is cooled enough to pick up and only half reaches the table! I guess the only solution is to make a double batch next time! :) Thank you, LauraLou for sharing this with us at Zaar!
This was really good!!!
I make this also, but it is done frying, I dust it with garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Very good.