Recipe by LauraLou
I have loved this ever since I was a little girl. It takes a while to make but it's really easy and totally worth it. Cooked zucchini is the best!! **However, I must mention that I use garden zucchinis for this recipe that tend to be quite a bit larger than those purchased in a grocery store. If you are using smaller zucchinis, you will need less of the coating mixture.
Top Review by Bev
This is the perfect name for this recipe! It is the World's Best Fried Zucchini! This is the same recipe I grew up with and have been making ever since I have been married. I made this over the weekend and we enjoyed it so much. I have only one problem though, I eat the zucchini as soon as it is cooled enough to pick up and only half reaches the table! I guess the only solution is to make a double batch next time! :) Thank you, LauraLou for sharing this with us at Zaar!
- 1 large zucchini (1/4-inch slices)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- salt and pepper, as needed
- butter, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat electric fry pan to 250°F.
- Mix eggs and milk in bowl.
- Soak handful of zucchini slices in mixture.
- Lightly shake them off and coat them with flour.
- Place each slice in the fry pan with plenty of butter.
- Repeat until all slices are in the pan.
- Cook until each side is dark brown.
- Salt and pepper slices to taste.