Recipe by Gatorbek
Similar to another recipe by the same name, this one has just a few tweaks. The other is on my list to try, hopefully I can combine the two to make the Best Cookies in the UNIVERSE - but only if I get to eat the results!
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
wonderful cookies, I increased the vanilla to 2 teaspoons and used all butter, I omitted the coconut and added in some mini chocolate chips and sent these home with my DS to enjoy, thanks for sharing!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and margarine.
- Add sugars, vanilla, and oil.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add egg and beat again until smooth.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Add nuts, oats, coconut, and Rice Krispies.
- Fold in until well blended.
- Cover bowl with waxed paper and refrigerate for an hour.
- Dough will be stiff enough to handle.
- Spray cookie sheets lightly.
- Pinch off a small piece about the size of a marble and flatten with your fingers (a regular sized cookie sheet should hold 24).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- After removing from the oven, leave on the cookie sheets for a few minutes, then cool on racks.