Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Similar to another recipe by the same name, this one has just a few tweaks. The other is on my list to try, hopefully I can combine the two to make the Best Cookies in the UNIVERSE - but only if I get to eat the results!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and margarine.
- Add sugars, vanilla, and oil.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add egg and beat again until smooth.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Add nuts, oats, coconut, and Rice Krispies.
- Fold in until well blended.
- Cover bowl with waxed paper and refrigerate for an hour.
- Dough will be stiff enough to handle.
- Spray cookie sheets lightly.
- Pinch off a small piece about the size of a marble and flatten with your fingers (a regular sized cookie sheet should hold 24).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- After removing from the oven, leave on the cookie sheets for a few minutes, then cool on racks.
wonderful cookies, I increased the vanilla to 2 teaspoons and used all butter, I omitted the coconut and added in some mini chocolate chips and sent these home with my DS to enjoy, thanks for sharing!
These should be called 'Out of this world' cookies. They are wonderful! I unfortunately had to omit the coconut since I was out of it. To substitute, I increased the rolled oats and (cocoa) crispies to 1 1/2 cups each. I did change the method of cooking a tad by making them biscotti style for ease rather than rolling all those little marble sized balls. I shaped the dough into 4 log shapes, then refrigerated for 30 minutes. I then baked them for 10 minutes, removed them from oven till cooled, then sliced them and cooked them on their sides for another 10 minutes. I know now why it's a large batch,.. they will disappear faster than the speed of light! These are also great as they keep a long time in an airtight container. Great recipe Gatorbek, keep em coming!