Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a thin, crispy delightfully tasting cookie that you'll get praises for making.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut
- 1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats (not quick)
- 1 cup corn flakes (crushed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream together both sugars and margarine until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and salad oil.
- Add oats, cornflakes, coconut and nuts, stirring well.
- Add vanilla, flour, salt. Mix well and form into pecan sized balls.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten with a fork dipped in to water.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet a few minutes before removing.
If you are trying to loose weight, please do not make these cookies!! They are horrible on your waist line, trust me!! I just made them and I can not quit eating them!!! These are awesome cookies!!! They spread out and are really flat and they goop together when I try to take them off of the pan, although that I could care less about, they were awesome!! Did I say that they were awesome?? Well if not they were fantasticly wonderfully awesome!! KUDOS to George!!!
A friend gave this recipe to me when I was in college & I wanted to make them tonight & couldn't find my recipe.....your recipe was exactly the same! I'm so happy & yes....this is the world's best cookie...hands down. Thank you!!!