Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from "Grandma Drescher." My mom used to be a nurse on a pediatric oncology unit. One of her patients had a grandmother who would make the nurses cookies. Mom got the recipe, and I grew up with these wonderful cookies. I think that I got spoiled, though, because no other chocolate chip cookies will do for me!
- 2 eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
BEAT THE FOLLOWING UNTIL CREAMY
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon water
MIX THESE INGREDIENTS TOGETHER
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour (sometimes a little more)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Beat 2 eggs into creamed ingredients.
- Add flour mixture a little at a time. Mix really well until creamy. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Make little round balls, about 1 tsp in size, and drop on well greased (or non stick) cookie sheet. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets immediately and cool on wire rack.
These were really yummy cookies that my kids gobbled up when they came to visit! I made them with pecans, as they are my favorite. Wouldn't change anything in this recipe. The 2 1/2 c. flour worked for me. Thanks Girly!