Recipe by Auntie Anne & Uncle Mark
I have been making these cookies for years. Everyone raves about them.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 2 (12 ounce) packages chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter, shortening, and sugars on high speed with electric mixer until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and lemon juice. In another bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and oats. Gradually add to butter mixture, blending thoroughly. Stir in chips and walnuts.
- Use a scant ¼ cup of dough for each cookie. Drop dough onto lightly greased baking sheets, about 3” apart.
- Bake in a 325-degree oven until light golden brown, 17–19 minutes. Cool on wax paper or racks.