Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe handed down to me by my mother many years ago. Add what you like to spice it up even more.
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup onion, Diced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, Diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- 4 cups kidney beans, Cooked, canned
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato juice, V8
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat the oil;
- Cook the onions and green pepper for 10 minutes.
- Add the meat
- Cook over high heat, stirring almost constantly until browned.
- Mix in the water, tomatoes, chili powder, salt, garlic, vinegar, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce, sugar, mushrooms, V-8 juice and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook over low heat 1 hour.
- . Add the beans and cook an additional 30 minutes.
Very delicious!! Next time I will use 1 cup of water instead of the 1.5 cups suggested since I like a thick chili.