1/1 Photo of Worlds Best Chicken Stir-Fry for Two
David Magazu's Note:
This is quite possibly the most flavorful stir-fry I have ever eaten. It is very quick and very easy. Don't let the list of ingredients intimidate you because most of them you will find on your shelf already. Enjoy, Chef David Magazu.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb sliced boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 sliced red bell pepper
- 1/2 sliced green bell pepper
- 1 medium french cut white onion
- 8 -10 medium mushrooms (baby bella recommended)
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (kikkoman recommended)
- 1/3 cup marsala wine
- 1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried ginger
- salt and pepper
- 1Saute sliced chicken in hot oil until one side is cooked and then add white onion while turning chicken.
- 2Cook until onions are very soft.
- 3Toss in red and green peppers, mushrooms and green onion and continue sauteing over med/high heat.
- 4Stir in Cilantro, garlic powder, ginger, salt and pepper.
- 5(If you use a very salty soy sauce you might not want to add salt)
- 6Continue cooking until red and green peppers are soft.
- 7Once peppers are soft stir in Marsala wine and soy sauce, continue cooking over med/high heat until almost all of the liquid has evaporated and you are left with a thick sauce.
- 8Pour over a bed of rice and serve.
- 9NOTE*It is very important to keep cooking until nearly all of the liquid has evaporated because you want the flavor of the soy sauce and wine on the vegetables NOT on the plate in a puddle.
- 10If you prefer extra sauce for the rice just use more soy sauce and wine but make sure you burn off most of the excess water or your dish will lack flavor and be too liquidy.
- 11Adding a little extra olive oil will always help to thicken the sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Worlds Best Chicken Stir-Fry for Two
Serving Size: 1 (627 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 888.9
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 1101.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 35.4 g