Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is quite possibly the most flavorful stir-fry I have ever eaten. It is very quick and very easy. Don't let the list of ingredients intimidate you because most of them you will find on your shelf already. Enjoy, Chef David Magazu.
- 1⁄2 lb sliced boneless chicken breast
- 1⁄2 sliced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 sliced green bell pepper
- 1 medium french cut white onion
- 8 -10 medium mushrooms (baby bella recommended)
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (kikkoman recommended)
- 1⁄3 cup marsala wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried ginger
- salt and pepper
- Saute sliced chicken in hot oil until one side is cooked and then add white onion while turning chicken.
- Cook until onions are very soft.
- Toss in red and green peppers, mushrooms and green onion and continue sauteing over med/high heat.
- Stir in Cilantro, garlic powder, ginger, salt and pepper.
- (If you use a very salty soy sauce you might not want to add salt)
- Continue cooking until red and green peppers are soft.
- Once peppers are soft stir in Marsala wine and soy sauce, continue cooking over med/high heat until almost all of the liquid has evaporated and you are left with a thick sauce.
- Pour over a bed of rice and serve.
- NOTE*It is very important to keep cooking until nearly all of the liquid has evaporated because you want the flavor of the soy sauce and wine on the vegetables NOT on the plate in a puddle.
- If you prefer extra sauce for the rice just use more soy sauce and wine but make sure you burn off most of the excess water or your dish will lack flavor and be too liquidy.
- Adding a little extra olive oil will always help to thicken the sauce.
My husband and I tried this out and it really came out great.
This was an awesome recipe!! And yes, I had most all of the ingredients already, and it was a really easy recipe! I tried the sweet Marsala wine and really enjoyed it, in the recipe of course! Thanks!! Lisa
We love stir fry and this was great.Served on a bed of white rice.