Recipe by Alicia R
This recipe is pretty darn easy and man does it taste good! This recipe freezes very well.
Top Review by Its Me Busy Bee
Very tasty! We enjoyed it very much. I used prepared pie crust for this one and used leftover ham from a boiled ham shoulder. Puts a new spin on comfort in my house! Thanks for sharing with us! Kimberely
- 1 lb cooked chicken
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 ounces cooked ham
- 6 ounces carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces frozen peas
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons white flour
- 1 ounce parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 double crust pie crust, for top and bottom
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the carrots in boiling water for 5-7 minutes, then drain.
- Dice the chicken and ham.
- Melt the butter and cook the onion until transparent. Add the flour and cook for a minute or so, then gradually stir in the chicken stock. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously and simmer until thickened.
- Stir in the milk, cream, parsley, and bay leaves, season with salt and pepper, and heat without boiling for 2 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Mix in the chicken, ham, peas, and carrots.
- Pour into the pie pastry and even out.
- Moisten the edge of the pastry with water, and top with remaining pastry. Beat egg and brush pastry with it. Make a hole in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 375f for about 40 minutes, or until pastry is cooked.
- Serve hot.