Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is pretty darn easy and man does it taste good! This recipe freezes very well.
- 1 lb cooked chicken
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 ounces cooked ham
- 6 ounces carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces frozen peas
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons white flour
- 1 ounce parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- 1 double crust pie crust, for top and bottom
- Cook the carrots in boiling water for 5-7 minutes, then drain.
- Dice the chicken and ham.
- Melt the butter and cook the onion until transparent. Add the flour and cook for a minute or so, then gradually stir in the chicken stock. Bring to a boil, stirring continuously and simmer until thickened.
- Stir in the milk, cream, parsley, and bay leaves, season with salt and pepper, and heat without boiling for 2 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Mix in the chicken, ham, peas, and carrots.
- Pour into the pie pastry and even out.
- Moisten the edge of the pastry with water, and top with remaining pastry. Beat egg and brush pastry with it. Make a hole in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake at 375f for about 40 minutes, or until pastry is cooked.
- Serve hot.
Very tasty! We enjoyed it very much. I used prepared pie crust for this one and used leftover ham from a boiled ham shoulder. Puts a new spin on comfort in my house! Thanks for sharing with us! Kimberely