Recipe by Nyteglori
This is a low-fat adaption of World's Best Cheese Cake (Cheesecake) You may ask why not use just the fat free cream cheese - you can but the cheesecake feels kind of oily if you use just the fat free and it does not set up well. If you decide to use fat-free then add a tablespoon of gelatin to help it set. Special thanks to chef Chef #1533 for her Low-fat Heavy Cream Substitute as a substitute for the heavy cream. Calories 278, Fat Calories 66
Top Review by KCShell
World's Best Cheese Cake is right! I followed the directions for the crust and the filling. The crust did not turn out right, so I ended up using graham cracker crumbs, sugar and light butter. I think I did something wrong. However, the filling was incredible and I used my food processor to blend the cottage cheese. I would not hesitate to make this for a work function, it's that good. There is no sense in depriving yourself of cheesecake when you can make this and fit it into your diet plan!
- 2 1⁄2 cups crumbled low-fat cinnamon graham crackers
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 8 ounces fat free cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, room temperature
- 4 egg whites
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Whip applesauce and egg together and mix in graham cracker crumbs until uniform and all crumbs are wet.
- Press into the bottom of a spring form pan and up the sides an inch or so. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheeses in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft and workable.
- Add egg whites, 1/2 C sugar and vanilla and mix with electric mixer until smooth.
- Blend cottage cheese and dry milk in blender until smooth then add to cream cheese mixture, slowly mixing to avoid lumping.
- Pour batter into prepared crust, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Mix sour cream and 1/4 C sugar and spread this evenly over the baked cheese cake.
- Bake for 15 more minutes.
- Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Top with fruit pie filling if desired.