Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My dad makes the best cheese cake in the world! This is his recipe and it uses cream cheese, whipping cream and sour cream!
- 591.47 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 14.79 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (453.59 g) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 177.44 ml sugar, divided
- 236.59 ml whipping cream
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Dry mix graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon and mix in melted butter, until uniform and all crumbs are wetted out.
- Press into the bottom of a spring form pan and up the sides an inch or so. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft and workable.
- Add eggs, 1/2 C sugar and vanilla and mix with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add whipping cream slowly with mixing to avoid lumping.
- Pour batter into prepared crust, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Mix sour cream and 1/4 C sugar and spread this evenly over the baked cheese cake.
- Bake for 15 more minutes.
- Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Top with fruit pie filling if desired.
This cheesecake is awesome! Perfect creamy texture and great flavor. I make a crust similar to Cheesecake Factory and use part graham crackers, part Nilla wafers, and part chopped walnuts and pecans with just a couple TBSP of melted butter. I mix a couple TBSP of sour cream in with the cream cheese and only put a little bit of the sour cream/sugar mixture on top (not the whole cup). Sometimes, I add a splash of Limoncello to the batter as well. My favorite cheesecake recipe!
I randomly figured out that the classic cheese cake recipe I had was lacking, the results were not always the same...the results ranged from creamy to too stiff. To get more consistent results I began to add whipping cream and sour cream. The general consensus of other reviewers for this recipe is that this is the best, I must agree! I use this recipe in either the mini pie shells (adjusting the cooking time), 9 inch graham cracker shell or double it and use 1/2 sheet to make a larger portion. I also add honey to taste to the crust, the filling, and the sour cream topping. At times I use brown sugar instead of white sugar achieving satisfactory results as well. My results have been consistent and family members totally satisfied - one family member at his entire cheese cake. *Note: I noticed that the generic brands of cream cheese had more consistent creamier results when the whipping cream and sour cream were added to the filling.
Absolutely a wonderful cheese cake. Our family is allergic to wheat so we could not use regular graham crackers, I used Graham Crackers (Gluten Free) as a gluten free graham cracker crust. My family is so excited that they can have cheese cake. thank you for posting a wonderful recipe that I can make with ease at home.