Recipe by WI Cheesehead
My dad makes the best cheese cake in the world! This is his recipe and it uses cream cheese, whipping cream and sour cream!
Top Review by JPerez
This cheesecake is awesome! Perfect creamy texture and great flavor. I make a crust similar to Cheesecake Factory and use part graham crackers, part Nilla wafers, and part chopped walnuts and pecans with just a couple TBSP of melted butter. I mix a couple TBSP of sour cream in with the cream cheese and only put a little bit of the sour cream/sugar mixture on top (not the whole cup). Sometimes, I add a splash of Limoncello to the batter as well. My favorite cheesecake recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Dry mix graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon and mix in melted butter, until uniform and all crumbs are wetted out.
- Press into the bottom of a spring form pan and up the sides an inch or so. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft and workable.
- Add eggs, 1/2 C sugar and vanilla and mix with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add whipping cream slowly with mixing to avoid lumping.
- Pour batter into prepared crust, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Mix sour cream and 1/4 C sugar and spread this evenly over the baked cheese cake.
- Bake for 15 more minutes.
- Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Top with fruit pie filling if desired.