Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My dad makes the best cheese cake in the world! This is his recipe and it uses cream cheese, whipping cream and sour cream!
- 2 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Dry mix graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon and mix in melted butter, until uniform and all crumbs are wetted out.
- Press into the bottom of a spring form pan and up the sides an inch or so. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until soft and workable.
- Add eggs, 1/2 C sugar and vanilla and mix with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add whipping cream slowly with mixing to avoid lumping.
- Pour batter into prepared crust, and bake for 45 minutes.
- Mix sour cream and 1/4 C sugar and spread this evenly over the baked cheese cake.
- Bake for 15 more minutes.
- Cake is done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Top with fruit pie filling if desired.
This cheesecake is awesome! Perfect creamy texture and great flavor. I make a crust similar to Cheesecake Factory and use part graham crackers, part Nilla wafers, and part chopped walnuts and pecans with just a couple TBSP of melted butter. I mix a couple TBSP of sour cream in with the cream cheese and only put a little bit of the sour cream/sugar mixture on top (not the whole cup). Sometimes, I add a splash of Limoncello to the batter as well. My favorite cheesecake recipe!
I have to tell you this is the best cheese cake I have ever had. I wanted to make a cheese cake for easter and I couldn't find my mothers' recipe so I came online hoping to find a good one! Well this one was great and was a big hit, everyone loved it and it was so easy to make! THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR EASTER DESSERT GREAT! Kaylee J Boston, MA
I randomly figured out that the classic cheese cake recipe I had was lacking, the results were not always the same...the results ranged from creamy to too stiff. To get more consistent results I began to add whipping cream and sour cream. The general consensus of other reviewers for this recipe is that this is the best, I must agree! I use this recipe in either the mini pie shells (adjusting the cooking time), 9 inch graham cracker shell or double it and use 1/2 sheet to make a larger portion. I also add honey to taste to the crust, the filling, and the sour cream topping. At times I use brown sugar instead of white sugar achieving satisfactory results as well. My results have been consistent and family members totally satisfied - one family member at his entire cheese cake. *Note: I noticed that the generic brands of cream cheese had more consistent creamier results when the whipping cream and sour cream were added to the filling.