1/1 Photo of World's Best Bean Soup
2 hrs 15 mins
Charlotte J's Note:
This is from Oneota Community Food Coop in Decorah Iowa. I picked it up with a bad of bulk mixed beans. I posted a photo of the bean mixture so you could see all the different beans and grains in it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the beans and place in a Dutch oven.
- 2Cover with water and soak overnight.
- 3Drain the beans and add the water, ham hock, salt and pepper.
- 4Cover and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer 1 1/2 hours until beans are tender.
- 6Add the remaining ingredients.
- 7Simmer 30 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
- 8Remove ham hock from the soup.
- 9Remove from bone, chop and return meat to the soup.
- 10Serve with your favorite homemade bread.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for World's Best Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 494.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dry 18 bean soup mix