Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I dont remember where this recipe came from. It is lovely with roast beef or pork
- 4 tennis ball size vidalia onions, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 8 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 slices pancetta or 4 slices bacon
- salt & pepper
- Boil onions for 15 mins until slightly tender, allow to cool. With a sharp knife remove the top inch of each onion, finely chop the removed onion & place to one side.
- Cut out a heaped tbsp from the inside of each onion, keeping the outside intact.Finely chop the removed onion and add it to the rest.
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the garlic, chopped onion,and a little chopped rosemary until softened, then reduce the heat and add the cream and the parmesan cheese.Season.
- Wrap a slice of pancetta/bacon ,horizontally around each onion and secure by spiking a twig of rosemary through it.
- Place onions on a baking tray and spoon onion mixture on each onion.
- Bake for 25 minutes.