Recipe by Manami
Hot delicious dip is always a hit! Makes your taste buds go crazy! Serve warm with your choice of crackers, toasted pita wedges or toasted cocktail breads. Have tweaked a bit but it was originally found on allrecipes.com submitted by Kamryn.
Top Review by ladypit
This was super easy. I love having some recipes I can make in the microwave when the oven is busy! I used mozzarella instead, and we ate this happily as an appetizer at Christmas. I used fat free mayo & low fat cream cheese with no issues, and I used precooked bacon pieces successfully.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese with chives and onions, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces swiss cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 round buttery crackers, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place bacon in a large skillet.
- Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown.
- Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese with mayonnaise until smooth.
- Stir in Swiss cheese, onions, bacon & garlic powder.
- Place bowl in microwave, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove and stir well.
- Return to microwave, and cook 2-4 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle crushed crackers on top.
- Serve warm and enjoy!