Recipe by DJBiker
This is a very rich and easy to prepare caramel pie. Do you like the pie at O'Charley's, well this is at least as good. It does take several hours to prepare, but the work is extremely minimal, Check it out.
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the labels from the 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk and place them in a large pot and cover with hot water. Cover them with 2-3 inches of water and place a lid on the pot.
- Simmer the pot of water and cans for 4 hours, yes four hours. It is very important that the cans never become uncovered with water as they can overheat and may pop and this ruins the whole thing.
- Keep them covered with water and boil for 4 hours.
- When the time is up, pour out the hot water and cover the cans with cold water just until you can handle them. They still need to be very warm.
- Open each can and scoop out the caramel and spread it into the prepared crust and refrigerate until completely set. Cover with your favorite topping, I prefer whipped cream.
- You will Love this pie!