Recipe by NJstixx
A comfort meal. Seasoned potatoes and chicken in a delightful parsley sauce. Made a big batch for the MLB playoffs that went quickly and plan on another for the World Series.
Top Review by KateL
Requested corrections to recipe have not been made: missing direction on preparation of onion and garlic before sauteing (NJstixx said onions should be finely chopped and garlic minced). I am still concerned whether 5 minutes of simmering could be adequate to cook chicken through when stirfry recipes call for 5 minutes of sauteing at high heat and then 4 minutes simmering in a sauce. I sauteed chicken strips for 4 minutes and set aside before I sauteed coarsely chopped onion with 4 minced garlic cloves. Even with changes, the chicken lacks any distinction; my brother described the dish as "severe" and reached for hot sauce. I would recommend using Recipe #10162 separately, and preparing Recipe #296755 to add some excitement to the chicken and add color contrast by including red and green bell peppers. Leftover cooked potatoes became mashed potatoes the next night, and leftover chicken was chopped into smaller pieces for new life as chicken salad. Made as part of Alphabet Soup Zaar Tag 2008.
- 12 -16 new potatoes (any variety, I prefer mixed)
- 1 (1 1/2 lb) package skinless chicken pieces
- 1 small onion
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub and Rinse new potatoes.
- Saute Onion and Garlic in a frying pan with a Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil.
- Peel around the center of potatoes and place in cold water.
- Chop Parsley coarsley.
- Cut Chicken into 1/2 inch strips.
- Add potatoes, 1/2 the parsley and chicken broth to the frying pan after sweating the onions and garlic and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove cover and sprinkle Paprika on potatoes.
- Add Chicken and remaining parsley to the pan and cover for 5 minutes.
- Plate potatoes and chicken and pour sauce over each portion.
- Salt and pepper to taste.