Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
The Nutrients contained in this soup will lower the risk, have a protective effect, or improve the symptoms for the following diseases: Many forms of cancer (also, emphysema), cataracts, macular degeneration, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, heart attack, stroke, asthma, high blood pressure, migraines, declines in brain function, high cholesterol and prevention of breast cancer. The most essential nutrients (in order of importance) are contained in: spirulina, spinach, RED bell peppers and soy beans. Of course, organic veggies are preferred (or soak veggies in a mild to medium vinegar solution for 30 min. to remove pesticides).
- 3 ounces fresh spinach (Use 1/3 of a 10 oz. package)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 cups soybeans
- 2 cups broccoli
- 4 carrots, peeled, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon spirulina powder
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- Add cold water to soup pot, add organic, very low sodium chicken broth to taste (or just use the natural veggie broth produced).
- Add veggies and beans (beans washed with hot tap water).
- Add pinch of salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil, turn off heat, cover, and wait for one hour.
- Add Spirulina last.
- Note: Spirulina can be purchased online from Natural Ways Co., “Green Magic” Powder, or Earthrise Co., “Spirulina IL-4, …180 caps.
- (No!, I do not own stock in these companies).
- Totally optional: For a nice Zip, I like to add Sriracha HOT Chili Sauce, to taste, (www.huyfong.com).
- Wishing you a long and heathy life --.
- Hugs ! drstever.
Wonderful soup!! I made it with water and added more garlic and ginger. It is a bland soup so to brighten it up...I splashed lemon juice in my bowl with lots of pepper. I used dried soya beans soaked overnight and cooked for 3 hours the next morning. Then proceeded with the soup. I also roasted the peppers and skinned them...as I cannot eat the skin at all. It is a beautiful coloured soup. Thank you soooo much for sharing this awesome recipe. I have many family members who will definately benefit from it.
Howdy do Dr, My nutritionist suggests that I omit the beans and double up on the pea content, for the benefit of a solid protein, then to enhance the ease of assimilation and digestion -- to add ginseng also. Most awesome soup / salsa . I am so grateful to have this via our site :-) namaste~ oceans of light n love and angels too, wille