1/1 Photo of World Famous Twice Baked Potatoes With Bacon
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
These potatoes have become one of my trademark dishes. When I have friends coming into town they frequently call ahead to request it! The best part is that you really can make them the day before and just heat them up when the time is right. However, they never make it through the night in my household! We usually eat the potato as the main dish, with a big salad for a nice little meal. However, the guys sometimes like to grill steaks and corn to serve on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 baking potatoes
- olive oil
- 6 -8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (works well with whole milk)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I recommend Cheddar Barrel New York Aged Reserve)
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (or 2 tsp dried)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees. While warming up rinse the potatoes and vent them with a fork 6-8 times.
- 2Lightly brush potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes, until outside is getting crispy and inside feels soft.
- 3Towards the end of the potatoes baking, cook up bacon on medium heat until lightly crispy. I usually cook the bacon first and chop it after it is crispy, then returning it to the pan. Add wine and garlic. Feel free to add pepper to taste. I use the garlic from a jar but fresh works just as well. Leave on very low heat.
- 4After removing potatoes from the oven, use a knife to cut an oval in the top of the potato, leaving about 1/4 inch on all sides. Scoop out potato and put into large bowl. When you are done you should have 8 potato shells.
- 5Combine potato and butter. Blend with a mixer on low speed until butter melts.
- 6Add milk, seasoning, 3/4 cup of the cheese and the bacon mixture. Beat on high speed until smooth. Add more seasoning if necessary to taste.
- 7Spoon mixture into shells. Use the remaining cheddar cheese to top each potato and sprinkle with paprika.
- 8Place potatoes on a baking sheet or dish and bake at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until potato is warm and cheese on top is crispy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for World Famous Twice Baked Potatoes With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.5
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.5 mg
- Sodium 644.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 7.6 g