Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Started making this salsa as a teenager. I get requests for it all the time. Seasonings are approximate, you can adjust to your own taste.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, chopped
- Puree tomatoes in food processer for 10 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
So good! The only thing that should be fixed, is for me, I found it to have a lot of Cilantro, maybe only 1 tablespoon, but I found the salt amount perfect! Really good!
Overall great base for salsa! The amounts of the salt needs to be reduced as this came out VERY salty. I would recommend 1/2 - 3/4 tsp of salt. This was also a lot better the next day. When I first mixed it all I could taste was salt. By the next day I could taste more of the other flavors. Thanks for a great salsa recipe. This will be a 5* recipe once the salt gets reduced a bit. Thanks!!