This recipe was published in the Arizona Republic on July 31, 2001
Make and share this World Famous Paradise Bakery Sugar Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the sugars and shortening using an electric mixer.
- Mix on slow speed 30 seconds, then scrape down the bowl with a spatula.
- Increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes.
- Slowly add vanilla and beaten egg while mixing.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl, mixing on slow speed until just blended. Do not overmix.
- Scoop with an ice-cream scoop and roll in sugar.
- Place directly on cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with palm of hand.
- Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes. Cookies are done when small cracks appear and are pale golden. Ideally, the edges do not brown.