1/5 Photos of World-Famous Low Carb Bread
3 hrs 10 mins
While we are doing Low Carb, we miss a slice of bread or the ability to take a sandwich to work. This allows us the freedom to do just that. * The sugar is totally consumed by the yeast and does not contribute to the carb count. This bread is approximately 4 grams of carb per slice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cups water (90-100 F)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 cup vital wheat gluten flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 3/4 cup soy flour
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 1In the bread machine pan, put the water, oil, and sugar.
- 2In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients and the seeds if you are using them, with the exception of the yeast and baking powder.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Take out appoximately 1/4 cup.
- 5Pour the rest of dry ingredients into the pan.
- 6Mix the reserved 1/4 cup of dry ingredients with the yeast and baking powder.
- 7Pour into the bread machine pan.
- 8On our machine, we use the three hour bake cycle.
- 9After 55 minutes, gently lift the dough out and remove the paddle and place the dough back into the machine.
- 10This way, you will not have such a large hole in your bread.
- 11If you do it on the 80 minute cycle, remove the paddle after 30 minutes.
- 12Let cool.
- 13Place in a ziploc bag in the refrigerator.
- 14This bread seems to slice better when it is nice and cold.
- 15Makes great toast.
- 16This bread is a little more"spongey" in texture than regular bread.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for World-Famous Low Carb Bread
Serving Size: 1 (774 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.0
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 222.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 11.2 g